Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sponsoring = Raising ?

I have decided to sponsor a child. I have been thinking about it for a while now. Seems like a big commitment, really. If I were to start, I would like it to be a commitment on my part in order that the particular child I sponsor will be provided adequately with the best opportunity for education until he can fend for himself, which is normally 18 years old.

Why I said HE? Well, it is because I have enquired to be a sponsor and have been allocated a boy, from Cambodia. He will turn 11 years old this year, and his birthday is 3 days after mine. I don't really mind if it is a girl or a boy that I sponsor, really.

I know that sponsoring a child is hardly like having one. But it scares me! It got me thinking that having a child requires such BIG responsibilities! Can you imagine how it feels like to have the life of a little one that depends on you? Scary!!! Big responsibilities!! You will worry daily about everything of the child!! All the worries will probably drive me mad!! I always thought that I will make a good mother, due to the fact that I always have the 'chemistry' with little kids and I love to play with them so much! But playing with one can hardly be compared with raising one! I think I hardly qualify as a mum!

Ok, ok, so I have let my imagination run wild again! But still, it sort of give me an idea as to what being a mother is like! Really scary..and I am probably not ready for it, YET. Will I ever be ready? I don't know.

Well, anyway, sponsoring a child is different. Right? Right?? Right??? Yes..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess none of us is qualify to give any comments besides elenie :-)

*e*le*nie* said...

:-) sponsoring or having your own child is a commitment and responsibility. if you have decided on it than stick with it right till the end which i think its not going to be easy for anyone...

nicole said...

everyone is having a baby... i want a baby... do i?

Anonymous said...

well... dont know much about sponsoring a child..but i do know it takes a lot to just sponsor nieces!!!!! hahahha especially when they dont take normal walls ice cream but would want only the best in town ie haagen daaz or baskin robbins!!!!!!! still...it is noble... and way tha go CH... you are the next malaysian angelina jolie!!!!!!! (queen of adoption!!!)
sweet..hehehe cheers!!