Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snow is coming our way...again

The winter season had been nothing but cold and miserable (whine, whine, whimper, and whine). A lot of my friends (South East Asians obviously) had mentioned that they had enough of it already, to which is the reason why quite a number of them are taking flight to warmer weather back home in conjunction with the CNY festivity which is to be celebrated in great splendour back there.

For the whole month of January, it's cold, cold and cold for me. There are days whereby the chill gets to my bones. (Definitely not a good time for the oldies, the time arthritis is flaming), and I am feeling that I will be getting premature arthritis soon too!

Some people told me it has to do with the temperature staying above freezing (something between 1 deg to 6 deg); this condition is no good as it gets to your bones, due to the moisture still remaining in the air etc blah blah..It would actually be better if the temperatures go below 0 deg C, then the moisture would be frozen and settled in the ice/ snow/ frost and hence it would be more comfortable in that environment albeit it is in the minus. (Go figure the Science of all these, I still cannot figure out what they are trying to tell me even though I have been told of this a couple of times).

Whatever it is, it doesn’t feel good when you are walking to work and somehow you have the feeling that you lost your thumbs in the middle of the journey (Imagine me trying to look for my thumbs that fell off the sidewalk due to frostbites! But, AH! I wouldn’t have lose it cos it would still be inside my gloves won’t it? Just that perhaps it got detached from my hands..ewwww...) Ah well, that was just my imagination working overtime (thanks to CSI), but seriously, I do get numb thumbs even underneath the gloves when I am outdoor (only the thumbs though. Go figure why!, I don’t know).

People say that Jan and Feb are the coldest months during the winter. January is out of the way and now we are only left with Feb (fingers crossed it doesn’t overflow to March, but even if it does, I won’t have any fingers left to cross because it would all have fallen off from the frostbites!). Looking on the bright side, there are only 28 days in February, but for goodness sake! weather is unlike a business event that we organise, or a festival that has to happen at a specific date. Weather is unpredictable and it takes its own timing in showing its wrath on the living things. It enters and exits as it fancies. So TEMPERAMENTAL! Like a woman…!

Anyway, HEAVY SNOW is to come our way again later this evening and tomorrow. Almost all parts of England will be covered with snow by tomorrow morning. Well, since I will be cold in any case, I gladly welcomed it. At the very least, a change of scenery could hopefully get my spirit up a wee bit. So instead of a white Christmas that we did not have last year, perhaps, we could instead have a white Valentine’s or better still white CNY! Now that would be interesting indeed!

A betting agency here have put a 6/1 odds that London will have a white Valentine’s next week! Not very promising! What’s your guess?

Hmm...Now, some of you would probably say that I have indeed turned very English; speaking about weather yet again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its ten inches of snow coming your way..... and poor paul....arriving in the utmost coldnest!

Anonymous said...

coldnest=coldness...see..the darn cold weather is getting to me already