Since I came to London, I have developed a kind of food allergy..or rather perhaps I have always had it, just that is has since magnified/ gotten more serious because of the type of food that I am taking in here.
I am actually allergic to :
1) Dairy products
2) Wheat
3) Pork
4) Wine (red and white)
Die lo…(as the sporean will say; chialat liao!). Cos I am basically allergic to the main food products of Great Britain. It actually means that I cannot have bread (made from wheat flour), pastries (made from wheat flour), mince pies (made from wheat flour), pastas (made from wheat flour), no milk with my tea, no latte, no cappuccino, no sandwiches and /or cheese, no wine, no Cumberland sausages, no English muffin, no English breakfast…Basically to cut the whole long story short, I probably got to be a Chinese in a foreign land eating chinese food minus the char siew part…no char siew pau, no roast pork, no dim sum with pork, just with seafood..
For the past couple of weeks, I have been eating everything!! Without caring about my allergy…So, the allergy came back la..and now I have to be on my constant supply of Zyrtec again..not good, not good at all.. cos Zyrtec makes me drowsy, I cant wake up in the morning…and it makes my skin very sensitive too.. soooooo… how?? Gotta be on a strict diet again lo…
Sigh…I just had my lunch…egg mayonnaise sandwich (made from rice flour and soya milk). Let me tell you, it taste horrible!! I actually love the bread here cos it is soo soft and nice, but these rice flour bread is hard and crumbly and taste one kind.!! Do I have a choice? Not really la..cos I really don’t want to be eating too heavy for lunch so therefore, have to just eat it la…whether it taste yucks or not! YUCKS!! But what the heck! Life goes on!
Now, I can say that basically I am eating to live! But previously, I was living to eat!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment