Friday, December 08, 2006

Learning Italiano (Lesson 1)

If you can't beat them, join them..
With the start of the new phase of the project, there are more people from Pasta Land that just joined us. Of course they can speak English..but I guess to bridge the gap, is best that I also learn a bit of Italiano.

Got this engineer who is keen to teach me. So our lesson 1 is Greetings.

Engineer: Buon Giorno (Good Morning)

Me: Buon Giorno (Good Morning)

Engineer: Come stai? (How are you?)

Me: Molto bene, Grazie (Very well, thank you)

Me: E tu? (and you?)

Engineer: Bene (Fine)

Engineer: Ben fatto! (Well done!)

Italians are actually very warm and nice people. Somehow I found them to be more sincere in many ways; just that well, they don't speak good English and hence a bit tough with the communications. But that aside, they are really warm and nice people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

buona opportunita

try to learn as much as you can since u find a willing teacher..

:p

Anonymous said...

founda good website for reference....

http://www.wordreference.com

have fun.. :)

Anonymous said...

They also like Chinese women, to be specific. Really! My former flatmate who was Italian told me that.

CH said...

darn! And I thought that they were juz being nice and friendly...got ulterior motive wan ar?? :p