Saturday, September 16, 2006

Passwords..passwords..passwords..

Ever felt that our world nowadays are filled with passwords, passwords and more passwords, and security codes and identifiers etc??!! It's so frustrating sometimes!

In the current E technology, everything is so online! In fact, do u know that here in the UK, u can stay at home, 24/7 for the whole year and u can still survive and get all your errands done, all bills paid and all holiday plans planned via online? U can even buy groceries online and get Tesco or Waitrose etc to deliver those perishable goods to your house!! And the next thing you know, u can also study online and take exams online and never having to leave home to go to school!

But anyway, that wasn't my point. My point is all these passwords is getting me nuts! We have so many online accounts to maintain! Personal emails, company emails (I have 2 company emails with different log in passwords and username), Personal passwords to PC at work (I have 2 PC at work with yet another different sets of login names and passwords) and I have to also maintain a work/personal laptop with yet another personal log in name. And to make matter worse, the company has this policy of having to change the passwords every month for all the PC logins.. It is an auto generated request that doesnt allow any passwords to be recycle for a period of 12 months!! And well, all the PCs and laptop has different days to prompt me for a new password. So even if I decide to keep all the PCs to have the same password, it is still a bummer for me cos I can't keep track as to which has change or which hasn't. How smart is that?!

On top of the confusing work logins, I have my personal online bankings, online utility bills yahoo photos, webshots, blogger, friendster, etc...And also those not so important accounts such as amazon, trainlines etc. All different log in names and passwords.. (imagine me knocking my head on the wall)

Honestly, there are days which I am not certain which password is for which account anymore as all of them are different, and some changes with the month. And sometimes it is hard if want to keep the same password for all accounts as sometimes the requirements for passwords request for some sequence and it has to have aphabets and numericals in certain order?!

Haiya..sometimes I wish we could just go back to the old system of lining up at the banks and post offices etc to get all things done and be rid of all these log in names and passwords! And believe me, I think that good ol conventional way is still the most secure way!

No comments: