It's only been over a week that I am in London...but somehow, I feel so far away from reality and all... it's as if when I am here now, everything else back home seems to be so far away.. not just literally speaking...but the feeling and all.. It just feel so disconnected somehow.. which could be a good thing up to certain extent I believe..
It feels like starting afresh for me. From work point of view, I guess I am glad to leave most of it behind..and from personal point of view, well, it feels like plenty of possibilities and opportunities and all to be explored. :)
As a going away present, here is a poem that a colleague of mine sent me..(uhmm...you may go figure what is the underlying message that he is trying to tell me), but all he wants to say is that I should make use of opportunities when they are available. Well, that was his exact wordings to me, that is..but while staring at the poem again and again..I am beginning to think that perhaps he is trying to tell me something else subtly.
By Robert Herrick. 1591–1674
To the Virgins, to make much of Time
GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.
The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he 's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he 's to setting.
That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.
Then be not coy, but use your time,
And while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
You may for ever tarry.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment