Friday, May 12, 2006

Pack Light..please!

The total weight of my check in luggage is 42 kg!! Can u believe it!?? (but fortunately, they let me through without me having to pay for the excess, but i think i am only 7 kg overweight)..

Well, I knew it actually cos I weighed it at home...it's just that I really don't know how else to reorganise it and to lessen the weight...Ok..basically, this was the thought process I went thru when I was selecting my clothes and stuff to bring..

1) Suit Jackets : ..what if i need it?? I mean both are the same colour ..one is pure black and one is black with some flowery imprints..hmm..it will probably look the same to many..but i know that it is different...so, how??? Aiya...bring la..

2) Flowery Skirts and summer dresses: I actually have quite a few... and since it is summer, it will definitely blend into the season, the surroundings, the essence...the feel...blah blah blah... i have a light green one, a dark green one, a blue one, a lighter green one with more whitish background...a beige one, blah..blah..blah....hmmm..which one shall i choose...??? I cant be "berat sebelah" rite?? Skirts have feelings too you know! Tough decision..Aiya..pack all lar..!! Then after speaking to Yeng, I went through it again...and hmm...ok..take out the white one.. Ok..one piece is out..

3) Lotions/ shampoos/skin care etc: Well, i gotta take all rite?? Since I will be away for so long..what is the point of leaving it behind..albeit it will definitely add to the weight big time..cos they are quite heavy stuff, u know..

4) Socks: Do I need that many?? Can't i get it there?? Uhmmm...but i may be cold the first nite itself and i may need like 4 pairs of socks all at one time..so, how, pack la...

5) Accessories/ make up: Aiyo..so many colours..how??? I may need different colours on different days..how? pack it in lar!

And it goes on and on... now you know why it is so heavy..but u see, on top of that, i had to bring all the funny chargers for all my electronic stuff like the Ipod, handphone..camera blah..blah blah..and some very minimal food stuff...

Mind you, I did not even pack in the maggi mees and the pots that some friends recommended for me to bring...!! of which I then decided against it...

And actually, that 42 kg did not include my hand luggages...I have like probably additional 8 kg of luggage that I took out (upon Chris's advice after speaking to him) to be hand carried as I know that I have exceeded the allowable weight..So..hmm..actually I brought 50 kg worth of stuff with me from home...minus my laptop and handbag..

And...ooohhh...i remembered oso that I left about 8 kg worth of stuff in Audrey's place in London the last time I was there...Oppssss... i was oso overweight then..yikes...seems like a repeated pattern kinda thing..

Hmmm..that means that all in all, I have 60 kg worth of luggages with me!! hmmm...do I travel light??!! uhhhh...that's something debateable...

hmm...I dare not think how I am gonna come home! :)

No comments: