I always love the weekends...It's time to forget about work, and just chill, well, mostly, if I don't have to work on Saturdays that is. For most of the time, the weekends are almost, always very short (only 2 days as oppose to 5 weekdays!) I actually told a friend this, that I will normally be very upbeat and excited on Fridays, and will probably feel melancholic on Sunday evenings.
Last weekend was pretty interesting for me. Pretty happening albeit that on the Saturday, the weather was really bad. Still managed a prayer meet with some girls from cell and a dinner with some friends.
On Sunday afternoon, I went to a ballet at Royal Albert Hall (by myself! YES, went alone as the tics was quite expensive and not many friends were keen to go with me). It's actually quite ok going to things like this alone. I'd done it before. I went to Cirque Du Soleil (also held in Royal Albert Hall) last year alone, on a Friday afternoon.
Swan Lake was really impressive. What I liked the most was when all the 60 swans (well, supposedly swans and cygnets) came on stage. All of them look sooo pretty, and swan-like in their tu-tus; whilst gently tapping their foot (so it appears as if they are shaking their butts like how swans normally do?). And during some scenes, I could actually feel how Odette (the leading swan) feels! She is really good with the movements of her body and her facial expressions.
Check out some of the photos (that I took from the internet). Although it was specifically stated that photos are not allowed inside the hall, there were many cameras that flashing away during the presentation.
SWAN LAKE



Check out this video link.
http://www.ballet.org.uk/video/swan_lake_video_2007_videobank_01.htm
As Yeng will be going back to SEA soon, she had wanted to watch 'Phantom of the Opera" (musical). We were suppose to do it some time last week, but didnt, so somehow, we only came about to planning to watch a musical this week. On Monday, somehow, Yeng changed her mind, and decided on 'Wicked' instead. She said that she had never had the urge to want to watch "Phantom" all these while. The reason why she had wanted to do it this time round is because it is "PHANTOM"! And also that she is curious about the chandelier scene. Well, Yeng, if I do happen to catch it before I go home, I will let you know about the chandelier scene! But somehow, like Yeng, I also don't have the urge to watch 'Phantom'. I think that it will probably be too intense for me.
But I thought that 'Wicked' was totallly WICKED!! There was a very funny bimbo on the set (Glinda, pronounced with a Ga), that totally cracked up the whole show!
WICKED
Based on Gregory Maguire’s "outstanding novel, the spellbinding WICKED transports audiences to a spectacular fantasy world of wizards and witches to tell the incredible untold story of an extraordinary friendship between two girls: the blond and popular Glinda and the misunderstood green girl, Elphaba, whose destiny is to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West. Apparently, we have not been told the whole story about the land of Oz (Emerald City).
It had been quite a happening weekend that got extended to Monday for me. Since then, I had only been tired and tired, and tired.
This weekend is Yeng's last weekend in London. We are having Ping and Saphie over for the weekend. Saphie is the cute Italian-chinese girl that we so often blog about in our blogs. :) Well, looking forward to having another weekend with friends, and yes, this shall be my last weekend in my apartment. I will be moving out next weekend! To Audrey's for the next 3 months or so.
More stories later. Happy weekend!

2 comments:
hey.. CH. yeah man.. TGIF. luv ur pics
bye bye, la klo yee (sniff)
Post a Comment