Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A lil bit of Msia in London...

There was a so called Malaysian Fest held at Covent Garden last week. Went there on Friday with Yeng in search of truly authentic Malaysian food!! But was quite dissapointed cos there were not that many stall that sells food....also, the food sold there were quite pricey...like a small plate of normal plain nasi lemak costs 4 pounds! 2 chicken wings cost 4 pounds as well. A piece of roti canai costs 3 pounds. I ended up with a plate of nasi beriani, with acar timun, and 2 main dishes, that costed me 5.50 pounds, and Yeng had 4 sticks of chicken satay that costed her 4 pounds! Well, although I don't expect that we pay Malaysian price for the food, I was actually expecting the food to be cheaper.

Some photos of the fest and of Covent Garden are enclosed below.

Malaysia Week at Covent Garden

Weaving

Nyonya kebaya sewing

English girls painting batik




Dance presentation

Normal artist at Covent Garden

One of my favourite shop in Covent Garden, David and Goliath. Never bought anything there though, but i like to go in to have a look around. They have cute things inside.


Somehow, sometimes I think that this saying is so true!

1 comment:

yltan said...

stoopid factory where boys are made? hmmm it takes two to make a boy.