Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chasing Korea..

Woke up to a windy and rainy morning. Even with the curtains drawn in the bedroom, I can hear the intense winds blowing across the buildings and bare trees outside and the patter of the rain against the window panes. Aww…another dreary day…just like any other.

Without peeping through the window, I can already imagine my journey to work. Walking against the wind is definitely not an easy task, not when one is empty handed and a task that will be made more arduous with an umbrella. (I can imagine myself like Charlie Chaplin in a silent movie, battling with an overturned umbrella, if you can imagine how an overturned umbrella looked like).

I did not carry an umbrella. Fortunately the rain has reduced to just a fine mist of water raining down when I walk out. I put on my hat just to ensure that I don’t get a wet head. According to the Chinese, is bad to have a wet head in an air conditioned environment, will get ‘wind wet’ (translated directly from Cantonese) That’s what I am trying not to get A ‘wind-wet’ when I am old. The English may call it arthritis.

Came into the office, work as usual for me. First thing, a cup of espresso from the espresso machine, and then attend to the urgent matters as per requested by the boss, or some other subordinates. Then, back to my spreadsheets. It is all spreadsheets and spreadsheets. Although it is a tiring task, but there are moments that I relish the times that I spend with my spreadsheets; because that allows me to put on my Ipod and be lost in my own bubble of music and imaginations.

Over the weekend, I downloaded some Korean music from Audrey (soundtracks from Winter Sonata and Lovers in Paris). Therefore, this morning, after doing all the necessary work for the boss and others, I put on my Ipod and sat down to my spreadsheets. As I get a window view, I get to see how dreary the weather is.

The soundtracks from these Korean soapies really have a way of bringing me to another world. A world whereby love is worshipped; where romance consist of roses, chocolates and butterflies in the stomach; where the warm fuzzy feelings stays more than just a fleeting moment; where guys are good looking, fun, cute, considerate and also believe in the beauty of falling in love the romantic way; and where all the life stories of the heroes and heroines end with “and so they get married and live happily ever after”.

I am a dreamer, I do admit. And today, with the wet windy weather, coupled with the lovely songs; I can’t help but imagine myself to be one of the heroines in the Korean soap.

I do still want to believe in rainbows and unicorns.
But where shall I find my hero?

Note: Yeng had the same title in one of her blog entry long time ago. But somehow, I found that the same title is appropriate here too.
I still do not have a broadband at home. Wrote this in the office!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say that title sounds familiar!! ;P The copy right fee is one trip to the Lake District! ha ha ha!