Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Morbid Thoughts

When one is alone, one does have a lot of time to entertain one’s thoughts. When I was in the process of making decisions for my new apartment, aside the normal considerations that one will make ie. location, accessibility, apartment conditions etc, one of the factor that I took into account was (ok, don’t laugh) if anything were to happen to me inside the apartment, I want that killer nailed…(hmm..perhaps it has to do with the fact that I watched too much CSI here).

To make the matter clearer, here was the thought process:

Apartment 1 – was a classy place, one floor perhaps have like 4 to 5 flats, in total there were like 5 or 6 floors. But the apartment was really quiet, the lifts and all was really secluded and the fact that the apartments are rented out for short lets means that the turnover of occupants are high. Should anything happen to me while I am at home and if it is the work of anyone of the residence there, it would be hard to track; why? Becos of the layout of the apartments, it is actually hard for anyone to meet any of the neighbours at all..and it being short lets, the chances of tracing some of the residence is probably quite difficult.

Apartment 2 – lies in blocks of flats…within the residential area, lies about mayb 4 to 5 blocks with each block occupying like 150 odds residents as there were 5 storeys and one floor houses maybe 20 flats or more. No doubt that if anything happen to me and I scream, then perhaps they would probably be some kind neighbours that may come to my rescue, but then again, with so many occupants, won’t I be exposing myself to more risks (ie. the type of people living in the flats may be dodgy as well as it is not a high class type of place). Too high density and if anything were to happen to me, it will take the police and CSI ages to interview and track all the residents there.

Apartment 3 (the apartment I have chosen) – Low density. Only have 11 flats. The % of the flat lived by landlords vs tenants are 50:50. Means 50% of the flats are lived by the landlord themselves, which explains why it was kept to tip top conditions, the exteriors et all. And all of us will be using the same access to entry. Being only 11 flats, the chances of me recognising my neighbours are higher and also the fact that is 50% being lived by landlords indicated that the turnover rate in the apartment is quite low. Plus if anything were to happen to me, not only my scream can be heard throughout by ALL the 11 apartments, but also the fact that if the police needs to talk to the residents, it will probably only take them a while to go through the residents.

Bottom line is; I want the person nailed if anything were to happen to me…read this!!!
MORBID?! Am I not? To which if I were to share this info with my mum, she would probably say: ‘choi!! Tai kat lei see.’ So, best to keep my morbid thoughts to myself. I shared it with some friends in London, they say is normal due to the fact that I am living alone; and hence I need to consider more of my safety.

There were also occasions that I thought that if anything were to happen to me inside the house, if I were dead, no one will know for one week!!! But my friend was saying, well, don’t worry, usually the body will smell after 3 days! Hahahaha…

Choi!!! Choi!! I should really stop watching all these CSI, Without a Trace, 24 hours etc…is turning me psychotic!

No comments: