Monday, October 16, 2006

Tough Week but BRiLLiant WeEkeNd!!

It had been rather busy week for me last week.. almost out of control towards the middle of the week, that when Friday came, I was basically breathing a sigh of relief, cos I knew then that the end is near… Was suppose to deliver all deadlines by last Friday, and well, managed to do it!

But of course that came with many tired nights coupled with a few brief moments whereby I feel like strangling someone’s neck! And I had a pretty good idea who I felt like strangling too!!! - The Superior that I worked with, that came from ‘pasta land’…(shhh…gotta be discreet here cos I dun wanna get sued). Firstly, I had problems of communications with him cos although we both spoke in English, obviously it was a different version! So I had to repeat myself 10x in order for him to understand me. Secondly, he thought that one of the job scope of being an Engineer also include being the secretary to your Superior, and hence, I was given the tasks of typing out all his documents with him DICTATING it to me as he sat by my side!!! All those time while I type, I wonder where did they get this computer idiot from?? Can’t he do his own typing?

Neeways, I shall not be B***H-ing again..what is past is the past, and the future doesn’t include Mr Pasta….so I am glad for now…till I see him again..haven’t seen him yet today, so I am in a superb mood.

Weather had been great over the weekend…dry at the very least.. Last Saturday was spent lazing around at home in the morning till mid afternoon..my eyes were just too tired to open..so, had the TV on, but just couldn’t open my eyes properly… (Imagine Homer Simpson, lazing at the couch, probably that was how I looked like!! Hahahaha) Then went out on Saturday afternoon to Chiswick High Road for grocery and a cuppa coffee with a friend. I think that this is one of the few Saturdays in the last 6 months that I had of simply doing nothing. Enjoyed it thoroughly.. But I won’t be having another Saturday like this till probably end of November or something like that..

On Sunday, went to church and met with some church frens, had lunch, went for coffee and to end superb SUNDAY, we went for Devil Wears Prada, and wrapped it up with a good chinese meal in Chinatown for dinner…When I reached home, I was totally drained out.. Didn’t realised that I was out for whole 12 hours!!

And well, the daily grind start all over again this week..except that there are no deadlines for now..YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess its the last nice weekend you would get. But the weather has been freaky this time around. It is after all suppose to be autumn and one should feel colder. Anyways...WHAT HAPPENED to the burn out bad food thingy you wrote?????

CH said...

yeah..but ar..a freaky autumn will also means a freaky winter!!!! Yikes...hope that it wun be extreme colddddddd...i wud hate it!!! Hmm...let's hope winter will be mild this year ok...
aiya..i deleted it oredi...dunno, dun feel like sharing my bad cooking anymore.. kekeke...