Sunday, October 08, 2006

Superb Weekend!

It was a great weekend since the weather decided to give all londoners a break from the wet and dreary days that we had over the week..This weekend was sunshine, sunshine and sunshine! And dry too!! Although that doesn't mean that it wasn't cold! Cos it was still cold despite the sun!

This weekend was just a weekend of relax and chill and enjoying London. Initially had wanted to get some work done, but I was glad that I didn't, as I would probably have missed one of the last few pleasant weather that's left for the rest of the year! Winter is coming and from the sharing of the few frens I have here, I think that I am so not going to enjoy the cold weather...

What I did on:

Sat - Woke up not too early, enjoyed the early part of the morning reading The Devil Wears Prada. Then, went out around 11 pm and had brunch in one of the many cafes there are on Chiswick High Road...(I actually love Chiswick Road cos there are juz so many things to see, to buy, to drink and to eat.)

After brunch, strolled along the High Road, peeping into some small shops and discovering the hidden shops/ cafes/ restaurants etc within Chiswick.. Then took bus No 27 to Camden Town. The bus ride was rather enjoyable as we got to see more of the nicer part of London...as it passes through High Street Kensington, Notting Hills, Paddington..

Reached Camden Town like bout 2 plus pm..Camden Market and Camden Lock was packed with people! Seas of people everywhere! Didn't enjoy it..Guess have gotta start early in Camden if wanna enjoy looking at all the small interesting shops that they have there..

After Camden, we headed off to Leicester Square for tea and then to meet more friends for an early dinner.. (more eating and more food)...went to this place called Misato, yes it's Japanese (located somewhere near Chinatown) which happens to be a very popular restaurant! No way could have gotten in if we were there at normal meal time. We had dinner at 5 pm and the restaurant was already full. The line was already forming outside with people waiting to be seated! Food portion is Misato was really big and was worth the money paid for, I guess.

To end the night, a few of us went to watch a concert in Royal Albert Hall. There were playing "The Vivaldi's Four Seasons by Candlelight". It was really lovely..I thoroughly enjoyed it. This concert is special cos all the members of the orchestra wore olden time clothes (as in like back in Mozart's time), and they were presenting their pieces by the candlelights. So totally cool! :) Enjoyed it so much and I do have more to share..but will share in another posting.. I took some photos inside Royal Albert Hall too on my camera, uhmm..but I still haven't learn how to download to the computer, so yea..lemme figure out how to first k..

Sun - Woke up not too early too, and then went to Canary Wharf for dim sum (brunch) at Royal China. Had soo much of food (too bad din get to take pic of the amount of food on the table!) After that, walked around Canary Wharf to take some photos and to enjoy the ambience there.. being in Canary Wharf alwiz gives me a good feeling somehow.

After that, what felt like only 12 pm, which in fact was 3 pm, we headed towards Oxford Circus to sorta do some window shopping. Am trying to shop for gifts to bring home, but unfortunately, couldnt find anything I like or rather whatever I like was out of stock! Well, still have a few more weeks to shop though. :)

After a short shopping session, had some tea and headed back home. Reached home at 630 pm and wondered how did the weekend passed so quickly! Sigh..

Checked the weather and it will be another wet week ahead..and yes, will be back to work again in 12 hours time. (sigh..)

No comments: