Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cell

For the past 2 months, I was visiting another cell..(on and off). It's located at Earl's Court, nearer in a way, cos I only need to take one tube...no need to change line.. This group is also a younger group, around my age la..so a bit more comfortable. They are a vibrant group of people...very active and they are also trying to reach out to the Imperial College and LSE students.

The cell actually have like about 16 members (and mostly Msians!!), and occasionally with visitors like myself that comes in once a while. But recently, they have been getting a lot of visitors. Last Friday, there were like 22 of us inside the small apartment! This cell is so like my cell back home as in the numbers...! So hence the big group is really not a problem for me. But, ideally, a cell should only consist of 8 to 10 people for closer fellowship.

These few photos are taken from cell last Friday. (that was like the 3rd time I was there)

We celebrated the birthday of Chris (he is a friend of mine back from home, which I brought to cell and now he is a regular member of the cell and church!! More regular than me lar, haha)

We had some kinda game last Friday in cell, and guess what??! Of course it's my group that won!! All Malaysians there..with exception of Irene, the lady in pink, she is from Spore. We each won a 5 pound voucher for the movies. I spent it already on Devil Wears Prada last weekend. The 2 younger guys are students at LSE, just came like 3 weeks back. School just started. Roland, the older guy, is the cell leader's husband. And next to me is Melanie, she is a Quantity Surveyor.

Normally, we have dinner together before cell. Someone will normally cook dinner for everyone. They do it every Friday. Last Friday, Irene (the lady in pink) cooked Chili Con Carne with rice and Salad. Good food! The last time I went, it was also Irene who cooked and she did Chicken Curry the last time..also good!

No comments: