
With the start of the month of September, summer is supposedly to be officially over. And even for the whole month August, weather hasn't been great here in London. There were hardly any sunny days in August. July was the only month that saw sunny days almost everyday, with the highest temperature ever reached in many years, 37 deg C!!
Discussing the weather is really sometimes I feel is a favourite past time for the Brits. The weather is so seow that one minute, there is sun, and another minute, rain, and then sun, and then rain, and then sun and then rain...and it can get like that the whole day, which is why weather can be such an interesting topic to talk about! That was how it was for the past week. And the funny thing is, with sun came also the chill, and without the sun, there wasn't chill. Like a few mornings ago, it looked so cloudy, that I thought it would be cold, but on the other hand, it was warm and humid. And one evening, it was sunny, so I thought that it would be warm, but, it was chilly.
I think that the weather does affect the mood of the people here in general, including myself. Like yesterday was such a windy with occasional showers that it felt rather miserable. Today, on the other hand, was sunny and breezy with nice temperature, that you can feel the energy and vibes in the air. You can see everyone out in the streets, and parks and cafes with smiley faces. In fact I myself couldn't stop smiling too, cos it is just so pleasant! As like many Britons that is so deprived of sun, I joined them for a short (very short) time of sun tanning in the sun. It feels so nice to feel the warmth of the sun on the skin. Hmm...wonderfully pleasant!
Well, hopefully, with fingers crossed, there will still be a few days more of sunshine here and there before the long dreaded winter comes...And hopefully, by then, I will have ample warm spirit kept within so that I do not feel dreary, grumpy and grey like the rest of them here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment