Waiting for the Eiffel Tower to light up after dark, strolling along the Seine on a warm summer night, taking a peep of the Monalisa at the Louvre and strolling along Av. Des Champs Elysees by day - that is what Paris is about.
Paris is quite a beautiful city, I would have to say. It holds a certain level of charm to me. I liked the feel of Paris, albeit that I only spent 2D/1N there. I think Paris, is quite a lovely place to go for a holiday. I liked all the old old buildings and the monuments that is there. I liked the atmosphere and the liveliness that it exudes. I think quite a lot of people are charmed by Paris. Which explains why when I was there, there was a whole load of other people there as well!
When i first saw the Eiffel Tower, I was totally in awed...So so soo tall and huge! No way I am going up there man! I have 'acrophobia' (fear of heights)! But I came this far and not going up the Eiffel Tower!!? Am I nuts or what??! What would people say??? If they heard?? But I was saved by hoards of tourists lining up to go up! At the rate they are going it will probably take a good 2 to 3 hours wait..so no way we will waste our time waiting! Pheeewww...saved this time round.. I think that it is best to go to Eiffel Tower when the sun is setting. It's very nice to see the Tower light up..Good for photo shooting too! (although I think I will need to polish up my photography skill for that!).
oh...and yes, one must also go up Arc De Triomphe. Although the climb up 200 odds of steps to the top can be tiring, but the view from up there is simply magnificent! One can see the whole city of Paris from the top! This cannot be missed! I really liked the view from the top.
And I also like the walk from the Louvre past the big courtyard and the garden (Jardin Des Tuileries right up to Champs Elysees, with the view of Arc de Triomphe right in front of us. It is really, really very nice.
Notre Dame is also a nice to visit whether by day or by night. They made sure the gargoyles stood out whether it is day or night. :) And since Notre Dame is by the Seine river, it probably would be quite a romantic place to take a stroll as the night falls. (although I did not do it, but I can only but imagine it to be romantic le) :)
And oh, after a certain time, the Eiffel Tower sorta turn into a discotheque-cy sort of mood..It starts to blink with different colours of light like it is having a jolly good time dancing away into the night. Unfortunately, 'moi' did not manage to capture that image on camera, but it is a quite a funny sight. It sort of feel like almost inappropriate to do that to a monument, like making a clown out of the reputable Mr Eiffel Tower like that! But it is a sight not to be missed somehow.
All in all, I enjoyed Paris very much. I would like to go back and see more if I do have the opportunity. :)
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment