
Spent a weekend at Buckingham Village in the county of Buckinghamshire. It take 40 minutes by train from Euston station to Milton Keynes, and another 30 minutes by car to Buckingham.
Went there on a Friday evening and spent 2 nights with Ping in Buckingham. Her house is huge, a 6 bedrooms, 3 storey Georgian style mansion! Well, not exactly a mansion, but it is a mansion to me!
Had the loveliest time! Ping's sister is such a good cook. We had so much of Malaysian food! We had goreng pisang, tapioca cake, assam laksa, curry chicken, soup blah blah blah...sooo nice!
Ping's house is just a stone throw away from Buckingham University, which have a lovely landscape. The surroundings of Buckingham Village is so peaceful and quiet. The houses are soo beautiful! If only I could live there and still work in London! It would be ideal!
The loveliest place that I visited when I was in Buckingham is the Stowe Landscape Gardens located in Stowe, of course! It is one of the National Trust property and I truly fell in love with the place. It was unfortunate that we only spent about 1.5 hours there. The park is so large and every part of it seems to carry different theme. A portion was by the stream, a portion was by the forest and a portion was on an open land that seems to stretch for miles away!
Ok..ok..so I am no good with description..But, if you were to see the photos I took, which is only a small portion of the park, you will know what I am trying to say. :) After visiting Stowe, nothing that we did was as interesting.
We had lunch after Stowe at this place in Milton Keynes by the lake. It was a beautiful day that day, the first day where the sun came up for most of the day! Everyone was just so happy and excited! And after lunch, we were suppose to go strawberry picking, but no strawberries came out yet then..so the plan had to be postponed until the strawberries come out...
In the evening, we went to a pub by the river near Ping's place..it is a nice lil neighbourhood pub..with the kids, and the dogs..all are allowed.
To sum it all, I had a nice and pleasant time in Buckingham. I will definitely go back, especially to Stowe Landscape Gardens. The next time, I will have my lil picnic there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment