To start with, I did not expect to travel to Europe for work..This experience came as a little surprise to me...well, a nice one..although everything was pretty last minute and I spent the last week in KL slogging away till late nites to finish most of my work here in KL... :) Well, as everyone says, work will never finish...I did not manage to finish it and had to pass it on to another colleaugue who so graciously took it upon his shoulder for me..I spent the whole Saturday morning trying to pack for my night flight to Milan..everything was such a rush! A bit last minute in most things. However, I did managed to finish doing all things on my check list before Yeng came to pick me up to go to the airport... She was afraid that I will only make it back after she left to Singapore...well, she got it right...she left for Singapore a few days shy of me coming home. :( And I did try to call Les to ask for some pointers since well, he has been to Milan before and could offer me some advices..but, well, he didnt pick up my phone... :(
Anyway, travelling the first time to Europe was kinda scary for me. Since well, there were so many stories shared by my frens..and quite a number of them did warn me of pick pockets and stuff like that...so, well, I guess I was kinda scared initially...wary is the right word to use...
It took me a week to venture into Milan town as I did not dare to take the tube out to town after work at night... better be safe than sorry I guess..
But as it turned out, well, it is not too bad la.. I mean, Milan being a city, is still some sort like KL..and well, I found that people in Milan like to shop as well, like people in KL and Spore and Shanghai and Beijing..and Thailand...I mean, the conclusion drawn is...women are the same all over the world...! There will never ever be enough of bags or shoes or clothes for them!!!
Initially I was in awed as how everything new is to a kid... but well, after 2 weeks, I thought that I had enuf of pastas and pizzas to last me for a life time! Then I got homesick. :( Towards the third week, well, my patience was wearing real thin..I wasnt really prepared to be away from home this long...so towards the 4th week, if I am still in Italy, I think that I would probably go crazy!!
The thing is, people in Italy cannot really communicate in English..for most of the time, I am pretty much on my own...initially it is okay, but I guess no man is an island... :)
Anyhow, to cut the whole story short...Italy..a truly truly beautiful place for holiday..it has some sorta romantic air in it..somehow...and mind you..i havent even been to Venice as yet...!! I would love to sit in the gondolas..I told Yeng that I wanted to visit Venice but she told me that it won't be much fun if I go alone... :) So, Paul, if you are going Italy next year, please go to Venice with the mrs.. :) Can be really really romantic I believe..!
Italy really do have beautiful countryside and well they also have really nice gothic buildings...
And, well, if you are only here for short term, well, Italian food is kinda nice...but I guess being a true chinese, I dont think I can have italian food for long term...
But if one ask me to stay in Italy for a year for work...hmm...I would think twice if I am going alone...either that or I will take up lessons to learn Italiano... :)