The official ‘summer’ had came and gone now…although I am in fact still waiting for the real summer to start…(I still have a small glimmer of hope that summer could actually still happen in September, although officially we are already in autumn, btw, some of the leaves are already turning orangey red..).
As I have always believed that picture speaks a thousand words, I will share a lot a lot of pics for the next couple of weeks in order that I may catch up with all my sharing on the blog…. I took darn lots of photos over this summer….! Still need time to sort it actually.. but probably will do that only when I get home..
So, to start the ball rolling, here are pics of what we did over last weekend…
Saturday - Singapore Chilli Crab festival (London) and the BBC prom.Weather – dry, cloudy, but no complaints.
For the fun of it, we decided that it would be fun to just go and join the crowd…
The festival was held at the old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane (closest tube stop; Liverpool St).

In a true Singapore spirit, as soon as we reached our destination, we were ushered into lines; there was one line for food only (to purchase food coupons and thereafter collect our food), and another line for entrance to performances…Bearing the KS (kiasu) spirit, as what was required at the festival, we went ahead to line up for food without bothering with the performances.. It was a case of dragon & lion dances versus chilli crab, hainanese chicken rice, nyonya laksa etc. No prizes for guessing correctly which won us over.
The queue for the food was really really long; but we were informed every half an hour as to how long it will take for us to reach the FINAL destination! But with the endless supply of Tiger beers (well 2 glasses is endless supply for me) compliment of Paul, we were totally entertained and relaxed in that 2 hours queue… YES, it was 2 HOURS….or was it 2.5 HOURS? Well, nevertheless, it was fun as we all get to catch up…(seriously if one is not a fan of crowd, this is not recommended, but for me I see it as an event to catch up/ make friends, therefore, queuing really was half the fun of the event).
The gang that went to the crab festival.Introducing
Paul, Vi and Wye Yim.

This thing costed 2.5 hours of 4 persons time, and is sold at 5 pounds a box.

After the Chilli crabs, we went for a prom at Royal Albert Hall.


Sunday – a case of catching up with my Korean soap at home, and making a banana cake (or two) as promised as we had 12 overripe bananas waiting to be devoured..
For the whole Sunday, I was bothering my housemates with all the Mandarin that I learnt in the Korean soap that I watched. (it was a case of speaking proper mandarin versus malaysianised Mandarin). I even tried to imitate the ‘oh-so-cute’ actors/ actresses in the Korean soap!! And I think that I tortured my housemate No. 2 (Jos) real bad with all my stupid acting..(hehehe)…
WY, (my housemate No 3) came back with 2 big combs of bananas last week (it was a 1 pound thinghy that made her came back with so much bananas…all for one pound) and we couldn’t down anymore bananas in its purest form, I volunteered to make banana cake(s) to get rid of all the BANANANANANAS!
And since there were a dozen of bananas and I only needed 6 bananas for a cake, I ended up with 2 cakes! But all of it went to a good cause, hehe…as we needed to borrow a mixer, and a baking tin, and baking soda, and baking paper and blah blah blah from aunty, (yea, aunty next door had all the baking stuff, we just had the bananas!), one of the cake went to aunty….as a thank you pressie..PHEW! at least we managed to get rid of some bananas there…
Banana cakes turned out ok…the aroma of the bananas while it was baking was gorgeous….but the taste, well, so so only la…but for a first time banana cake, can do I think.. (sheepish grin).
3 comments:
i see... having summer holiday... no wonder no news from you. Visited your blog so many times and awaiting for your next post for so long... hahaha...
and yes! pictures speak louder than words... nice pic!! heheee...
take care there sis!
God bless
crabs in a takeaway box?!
Bananas are good...Good source of potassium!
Post a Comment