Just got off chatting with a friend, HD in Msia. His first bundle of joy will be arriving some time between now and end of the month. He still hasn't got a name for the baby! It's suppose to be a boy. He had asked me to give him some ideas. We had a very short discussion over the baby's names; then he had to go back to work; hmmm...as if I have no work la..but this is so much more interesting than work! And so I let my imagination run wild with names!
Here's some names that I thought of (all are welcomed to add in):
Top 3 on the list (my favourites) and one which I think will go well with the surname Drieberg.
- Joshua Drieberg
- Joel Drieberg
- Joey Drieberg
Other names I had:
- Lachlan (HD says sounds like belacan)
- Alexander
- William
- Craig
- Charlie, Charles (HD says sound 'ham sup', he might as well name the baby Hump S. Drieberg)
hmm...running out of ideas now, so, anyone of you got any other nice names to contribute to?!
Hurry hurry, baby Drieberg is coming and we need to give him a name!
HD says that it need not be biblical.
Hmm...how about Henry Drieberg (Junior).
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hump S Drieberg???? Hahahahaahahhahaah so funneeee!! I can imagine henry saying that! I think Henry junior is a good idea. If baby turns out like him :) That's a compliment by the way...
hmm...While we are at that...I have got more names now,...
How bout Ross Drieberg, and Chandler Drieberg??
hey.. CH. i didnt know HD's son is coming soon. good tht i read ur blog. emm... how abt Jonas Henry Drieberg?
The Drieberg surname sounds quite "heavy", so we need a short or monosyllabic first name, like Ian or Mark or Paul or Sean. Then again he can have a longer name that can also have a shortform, like Jonathan -> Jon.
But there's nothing to stop Doris and Henry from choosing a name like Quentin or Antonio or Raoul or Legolas or David.
Another cool name would be Ice, as in Ice Drieberg. :P
Will he have a Chinese "middle name" as well? Like, Donald Weng-Jun Sebastian Drieberg?
yeah..Ice Drieberg sounds good..then for short form, we can take the Drie out and just call him Ice Berg... :p cool..
Derek Hans Drieberg.
D follows Doris initial and H follows Henry. I think Derek has a meaning of new frontier: Henry and family will be lifted to a higher ground (spiritually and literally) with the coming of the baby.
additional meaning of Derek: From the Gothic name Thiudreiks meaning "ruler of the people", derived from the Germanic elements þeud "people" and ric "power, ruler".
Hans is a variation of John, meaning Yahweh is gracious.
ch...top 10 boys names...
-- IN UK
1 Jack
2 Thomas
3 Joshua
4 Oliver
5 Harry
6 James
7 William
8 Samuel
9 Daniel
10 Charlie
haha....but i have dealt with quite a number of James - 100% of them are terrible people with weird attitude...i really meant weird.... :)
Post a Comment