It had been a rather eventful day here in London (and it is not even Friday the 13th!) and for myself as well. Will elaborate later in separate posts with regards to each event; but in all, this was what happened:
1) A torrential rain in and around London had left many travellers stranded either in a car or on public transport. I myself spent 5 hours on the road although not consecutively, but bad enough!. Flash floods, accidents, closure of roads and tube stations had caused these major traffic standstills. A 30 minutes torrential rain caused havoc for the whole day for all travellers. Will elaborate on the details later.
2) JK Rowling's final Harry Potter's book is being released here; midnight Friday. As I was driving home at around 1130 pm through Balham, there were strings of people that is lining up outside WH Smith (a bookstore); presumably to get the book. As today is also the day whereby the school term breaks for summer holidays, presumably many parents were a little bit lax with the sleeping time for the young ones. In Piccadily Circus, people had been lining up for 2 days (since Thursday, no joke, be it rain or shine) to gain entrance to some Harry Potter's party that is supposedly to happen tonight; apparently, the new book will be given away there too. Hmmm..I too wonder how will Harry Potter's fate turn out; but I can wait a couple more weeks to read it. I am not paying 16 pounds for the book! But well, my housemate may just get it tomorrow as she is curious with the ending.
3) It was my turn to cook for the cell tonight. Had to cook for 20 odd people! Managed a meal of Nasi Lemak with Curry Chicken, Sambal Ikan Bilis, Coconut rice, plus some other add ons. Well, not easy to cook a meal for 20 people! (It is enjoyable to cook for a few people, but not 20!) Hard work, and plus the traffic stress...it was BANYAK STRESS....aiyo...glad everything turned out ok, and the food all HABIS! No leftovers! Glad I pre-cooked the stuff before I went to cell! Was also glad that a few cell members helped out with the last minute additions of stuff as I was late by an hour than the initial planned time of arrival to cell; hence we had shorter time to prepare the food! I was suppose to be there at 6 pm to do all the prep work for the food; I only reached cell at 7 pm; dinner were to start at 730 pm; but we managed ok; we started at 8 pm instead; not too bad considering I had a few people who helped out!
4) It's the time of the year again whereby employees are awarded their bonuses; (well, my company's financial year roll from July to June). So it's bonus time again! Let's just say I am not upset with it. Not the best, cos my colleague got more but I thank God for all His provisions in my life. I am happy irregardless. And nope, I am not gonna compare!
More later, it's late now and time to take my bath, relax and sleep whatever; or hmmm..should I finish the 6th Harry Potter book while waiting for the 7th? :p Well, perhaps, maybe...
Tomorrow will either be a shopping day (to Oxford Circus/ Kensington High Street/ or Canada Place at Canary Wharf) or a working day for me. Depends on the weather, the mood and all other things....
Perhaps I will update my blog and photo albums and sort out my digi photos, or rest, or plan my trips, or do my laundry, or catch a movie, or go photo shooting, or sleep, or work, or play with my Nintendo, or visit the library, or the park (if the sun comes out) or read a book, start a scrap book...and the list go on...well, I do have a lot to do..but we shall see.
I hear that another storm is brewing tonight...
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go girl. I can't imagine myself cooking for 20. What more nasi lemak with chic curry. Been raining all weekend in KL too. Cant take my girls out to swing, swing.
truly eventful indeed. getting bonus is always eventful.
Post a Comment