How come no one took the story of the moon being blown up seriously?
Is it just me that is naive? My friend, May and I was in a discussion about this over chat yesterday. May got really worried like myself too, when she read the news (moi here sent her the link too). WE WERE SERIOUSLY CONCERNED..no joke. Because when I was speaking to May, it was night time where she is and she seriously went out to take a peep if the moon was there and I actually did the same the night before.
When I sent out the same link to some of my learned (another word for old) colleagues, one replied saying that it is true, because one piece of the moon fell into his garden and burnt his lawn. (Such is English humour). Another colleague was more helpful. He actually entertained me and because he had a friend's friend that is working in BBC, he actually forwarded the link for verification. Turned out that the lady working in BBC never heard of such news! My colleugue came to a conclusion saying that someone was probably too free and created a website that so resembled yahoo news.
I guess both May and I are very vulnerable and naive beings hur for believing such hoax? :)
But seriously, we would be in serious shit without the moon around, don't you think? I have been thinking really hard for the past 2 days as to how would the world be without the moon.
Now, on top of my head, I could think of at the very least, 5 consequences if the moon was indeed destroyed.
1) There would be no high tides and low tides. Basically, the sea will have no tidal influence, and hence this will affect a lot of countries that depends on tidal energy to generate energy no?
2) There will be no fleshy crabs to eat, because crabs gets big and fleshy during full moon, no? And I am sure that the presence/ no presence of the moon will affect the ecosystem of the underwater, no?
3) It would be hard to do night dives (thinking on behalf of all the avid divers) as without the moon, everything will be pitch dark. NO, torches are not good enough.
4) The werewolves will be faced with very serious problem as they are not able to turn into one wihout the moon and hence they will be so suppressed and cannot fully express themselves, no?
5) There will be one less romantic thing to do as there will be no more moonlight walk by the beaches for couples. It would be so a thing in the past that could end up being a myth to our next generations...no?
5) The chinese can longer celebrate moon cake festival. Because the kids will be asking, what's a moon? Why do we celebrate moon cake festival if there isn't a moon? no?
So the conclusion is we definitely cannot live without the moon. It has been part and parcel of all of our lives for too long...
Well, am glad the news is hoax..
but the thing is, it could actually happen lo.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahaahahahahahhaahaah!!! Yes, I would not want to lose our moon!
It will be very sad IF we lose the moon.. I m glad that it s a hoax or else we will live in total darkness at night.
Post a Comment