It's Easter weekend here. Supposedly four (4) glorious days of NO WORK. But unfortunately, (moi) here needs to work over this weekend. Had to cancel a weekend trip to Prague 2 days before departure. Went asking around for people to take over my place to Prague (even offered to give away the ticket!), but no takers! All was saying; why so last minute? (In my heart I was thinking, uhm...if it is not last minute, it would have gone to Prague myself and would not have offered you the 'free' ticket!! so DUH!).
No takers for free tic: hence, I was prepared to let go of the flight ticket (it costs me 200 odd pounds! uhmm..about 1400 ringgit!).
But at the eleventh hour (practically!), MC, my friend from church who was supposed to go with me for the trip called. It was Good Friday morning; the day we were suppose to travel. MC was already on her way up to London to take the bus to Luton airport for our flight at 1600 hour. She was prepared to travel to Prague alone; but as she was on the train to London, she suddenly had an enlightenment! She called and asked me to check online if we could try to defer the tickets (for both of us!). It was already 1000 hour then. So I went online and checked; apparently we could!! Aiyo...how come we never thought of this earlier??! So DUH! Both of us!
So I made a phone call, (and apparently the lead passenger, which is suppose to be MC, is the person who is suppose to call in); but I pretended to be her. It is however, not without much difficulty to pretend to be her. I had to call back the flight company like four times because every single time they ask me a difficult question like; What is your home address; which credit card that you charged it to; credit card no, cvv no. (Remember, I need to pretend to be MC) but the thing is, I cannot answer any of those questions unless I ask her myself! Since she was travelling on the train, and her h/p only gets signals on and off; I had a hard time contacting her; well that was the reason in the first place why she asked me to call the flight company instead!
After each question, I had to cook up some story before I put down the phone to call MC, and on one question, I was totally dumbfounded that I actually hung up because I don't know what to say!! I am totally bad at telling lies!! Arghh...After like 4 difficult questions, and calling them back for like 5 times, we finally managed to DEFER our flight (at a small fee of 30 pounds..PHEWW!!) to June. (I had better make it in June! Since MC had so graciously offered to wait for me till then to travel to Prague). It was darn DRAMA in that one hour of calls between myself, and MC, and the flight company, and MC, and flight company, and MC and flight company...and OHHHH...btw, since the calls, I now know all of MC's details, and could potentially sabotage her and/ or purchase things online in her name using her credit card!!
And meanwhile, since MC is already in London and she had four (4) days to kill, she is currently having loads of fun with some of the cell members, putting up with one of our cell friend. The cell, (unofficially) spent a day in the park on Friday, went to Stratford Upon Avon (Cotswolds) on Saturday, spent yet another day at the park after church today; and going to Leeds Castle tomorrow; Easter Monday. I didn't/ cannot join them for any of the trips with exception of Good Friday service and Easter Sunday service; cos as I have mentioned; (moi) have to work this weekend. Sigh...And by the way, did I mention that the weather this weekend is GLORIOUS! Sunny, blue sky..dry, not windy and warm!! Temps being in the 20s...I AM MISSING OUT A LOT!
Ah...well, looking on the bright side, I am glad MC is enjoying her time in London. At least I feel better because I am the one who ruined her Easter hols in Prague...although she is totally cool about it! Well, I am sure we will have a good time in Prague later in June! Ahhh...and did I also fail to mention that MC is also a pretty good photographer? Another one of those people who changes their camera lenses to take photos..... :p
Monday, April 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment