Thursday, December 07, 2006

Life Oh Life..

This is an entry from someone's blog (so I am not gonna plagiarise it, hence making it clear it is not my entry!). But I find that the way she sees life is somewhat how I see it too..and I like the way she puts it...

seems like there are more of people like me out there who is yet to comprehend what this whole 'life' thing means..

She titled her entry "One Player"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Life never ceases to amuse me. The choices, the steps, the routes you create..life is a serious Game if I can say that!

Game, because the choices you make ultimately lead you to the place that you are. Serious, because well, life is serious, innit? Your actions don't only affect you, but those around you, your family, your friends. So you need to keep certain things in mind when making the decisions.
I guess the game part comes when everything you've planned goes to pot (or POT as the case sometimes can be) and the unexpected comes into play. What happens now? What decision will you make? How will your roll of the dice turn out? How well equipped are we to make certain decisions?

I've been contemplating this whole idea of life as a game and how some people are better at it than others. Some people get it, that it's a game early on and equip themselves correctly. Others never quite understand the rules and cheats in order, not to win but to have a succesful game.
Often the starting points are different and you need to make up more distance than others. Or maybe we all start at the same point, but with various handicaps. But you know, tortoise and hare. you snooze, you lose. It's a helluva harder and takes alot of discipline, but yes, the game can completely change according to how well you equip yourself and what lessons you learn along the way. Success comes in the form of whatever it is you discover of yourself for yourself along the way.

I don't mean to take LIFE lightly, it's just that perhaps by seeing it as a game, things become less serious and won't end up holding us hostage. Things that ultimately don't matter in the Big Picture.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And we are the one player in our life, is in our hands; how we want to see it., Why complicate things when it can indeed be much simpler right?

Speaking from experience (or the lack of it)

No comments: