Friday, December 08, 2006

The evening news..

In the headlines...

News 1

Radiation from the KGB spy that had been poisoned and had since departed (ie. R.I.P) apparently affected the members of the public as well. The planes that he travelled on when he made his trip to Moscow apparently are contaminated (coincidentally he travelled on those same days when we went to Latvia and back..on both days! And we were also taking BA when we went to Latvia, which means at one point or the other, we were all in the same terminal!!!). And obviously the other agent that he met at a hotel is also currently hospitalised and reported to be affected (poisoned) by the same radioactive compound as the KGB spy.

The government had asked for members of public travelling on those same flight as him to come forward for a radiation test to check if they are at risks. 7 hotel workers at a hotel he visited in London were also reported to be affected and contaminated. The British Embassy office was also reported to be contaminated! Well, apparently, it is believed that he (the KGB spy) had been poisoned for 2 weeks or so before he fell sick, which basically gave him 2 weeks time to walk around London and contaminate a lot of people and places!

News 2

A mini tornado came across London at about 11 am this morning! It struck at North West London; my current location is West London. Close enough, but fortunately not too close..Although we did experienced rather heavy winds and also rain at that time this morning. I remembered that I made a mental note as I looked out my window that this is definitely one storm that can be compared to a storm in KL! I heard the rumbling of thunder at a distance; a rare event. Although during lunch I read online about the mini tornado, I didn't actually expect it to be to a scale of damaging properties to such a great scale.

see the link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6217514.stm

And apparently tornadoes are not uncommon in the UK!! (Gasp! Omigosh! Wat have I gotten myself into?) What shall I do if I am in one?? What shall I do?? Hide under the table, will it help??

Seems like I am re-living the shows Twister and Patriot Games in real life here! How exciting!! (NOT!)

No comments: