

An interesting phenemenon happened last Wednesday...It happened at about 2 pm that day. The sky was really dark on one end...with the dark cloud moving in real fast towards the east side, which happens to be sunny at that time...along the dark clouds was a very light shower...
Obviously, as what we studied in school, with the reflection of the sun against droplets of water, a rainbow will be formed. Hence, as shown in the photo above, that's exactly what happened!!
This was taken from our workstation window. The rainbow was very vivid and the incident lasted for almost 15 minutes! It was actually a full rainbow...not half- half like those we normally see, but a FULL one..one that started from the park that is located right behind our office block, right across the building next door and up to the motorway that is located in front of our office block..
Actually, this phenomenon got a lot of us really excited, after all, it is also an excuse for us to deviate from our BORING work ...quite a number of us even took our handphones out to take photos of this beautiful sight.
Whenever I see a rainbow, it always reminds me of God's promise (remember Noah's Ark from the Bible?). After the great flood that flooded the earth during Noah's time ; I remembered that God says this:
"This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
Genesis 9: 12 - 15
Five years back, I was down in the rut and was really devastated. I remembered how at that time, I asked God to show me a sign, in the form of rainbow to reassure me that everything will be fine just as how He reassured Noah. I remembered that God did show me a rainbow after my prayers. He even showed it to me a FEW times..
Back in Malaysia, I seldom see rainbows... but in those times where I really really needed God's reassurance that my life will be fine, and that it will be abundant, I always see the Rainbow he promised me. I remembered very well that the few occasions that I saw the rainbow, it was in the morning during dawn as I was driving to work along the highway...and it wasn't even drizzling. To me, that few occasions of the rainbow is really God's way of telling me that He hasn't forgotten me, that He guarantees that He will fulfill his promises to me.
I was actually feeling quite low the last few days, perhaps it has to do with the fact that I just came back from holidays back home, so feeling a bit home sick, but I was quite sad lo, and hence to me, this rainbow phenomenon really again reassured me of His promises.
Because of that, I know that I will be fine; Why? Cos I know that He is watching over me.
1 comment:
Ooooohhh, that's weally pwetty. There's even a double rainbow!
Post a Comment