The flight back to London was almost a full flight. I would have to say it is like 99% full, well, at the very least, the economy class was 99% full. There don't seem to be a single empty seat in sight, with exception of one! The seat right behind mine! (it was fortunate for me cos then I don't feel so bad to lean back the most max that I can).
I got a middle seat! What luck! It was actually my own fault as I forgot to ask for either aisle or window seat when I checked in, somehow I assumed that I will get either one.
Actually the seat behind mine was initially occupied, but this skinny lady, quite a looker, (I think she is either Italian or French), was quite upset that she got a middle seat. She refused to seat at her seat and was standing all the way when everyone was settling into their respective seats, and even when they closed the doors of the cabin, she still refused to seat down. What an attitude! She kept telling the air hostess that it is quite impossible for her to seat in the middle as the seat is cramped and that it will get in the way of her legs; I rolled my eyes when she said that cos she is only about my height, so why is she complaining! And to think that she is skinnier than me, I shouldn't think that it is a problem for her to seat in the middle. Anyway, she begged and begged and the chief steward was called and situation was explained to her etc. The flight was quite full hence there is no way that she can get another seat! But finally the air stewardness managed to get her an aisle seat somewhere behind. Phew! Fortunately, or else I would feel very pressurised as to not to extend my seat backwards cos I know this "Devil Wearing Prada" lady will definitely complain. (hmmm..I wonder why isn't she on Business Class if she is so particular, or I wonder why she didn't specifically requested for an aisle seat if she can get so upset over such a small matter!)
Anyway, let me tell you about the neighbours that I had over the 13 hours of flight. On my right (on the window seat) is a chinese Malaysia lady. She is actually 33 years old, an Executive Director of some firm ( I peeped when she was filling in the landing card, and hence I know her age and her occupation..hehehe). This lady look like those professor, lecturer type of lady, specky, short hair, and no nonsense type. She speaks real good English, sounded well educated and as if studying her way to PHD type. Throughout the trip, she was reading only one book but she had 3 very thick books lying on her table. This book she was reading is entitled 'Winning" by Jack Welch. My conclusion is that this lady is not there yet, as in like not at the top of her career yet as she is still learning, cos you know why? Cos if she is a winner already, then she won't be seating in a cramped seat in economy class, but would be seated in either Business or First Class! And secondly, if she is already a winner, she won't be reading a self help management book called "Winning"! And then when I was sleeping, she was watching the inflight show and was laughing so loudly to herself that she looked so funny like some lonely person trying to entertain herself like that! hahaha...
Ooohh...but the most interesting is not the lady on my right, but the "Forrest Gump" ang mor guy seated on my left (the aisle seat). He didn't watch a single inflight movie throughout the whole journey. His headphone remained unopened throughout the journey. But he didn't sleep throughout the whole journey either. For a good half of the journey, he was seated glued to the seat, his eyes fixed on the screen, but the screen was just showing the flight details; as in how long more is the journey, and the different status of the flight. He just sat there glued to the screen hardly blinking his eyes. He really did reminded me of Forrest Gump from the way he dressed and his behaviours. He only went to the toilet 2 times throughout the journey, and it was a really quick one somemore. He never spoke a word to me although I muttered thank yous and sorrys when I wanted to go in and out! (Yes, I was pretty restless on the flight, but the good thing was that I actually managed to sleep like 6 hours straight on the flight) There was a few occasions that I felt like telling this to the guy seated next to me: "Life is like a box of chocolate, u will never know what you gonna get"..kekeke..
And my front neighbour is a chinese guy who for 80% of the trip had his seat reclined back to the maximum, and hence gave me very little leg space and even when I was eating, I was having problems. When this guy sleeps, some more he puts his hand back like leaning in on top of his head and of which hence I can see his fingers and even the brand of the watch he is wearing! At one point, he was really irritating me that it crossed my mind that I should pull his fingers darn hard or give his knuckle a knock or something, cos I have problems to go out cos his seat was soo reclined! But I didn't want to be a BITCH after the earlier Italian/French lady incident, so I just bear it la.
All in all, although this was a fuller flight than the one I took to go back to Msia, I found this journey to be better cos to start with I managed to get enough of sleep albeit with 2 neighbours by my side, and secondly, I have more people to observe in between my awake time. The stewardesses/stewards that are serving us this time round are more smiley and helpful too; although overall, I would have to say that Asian airlines tends to provide better in flight service than that of the Europeans. With European airlines, one is lucky to have someone who is smiley; and please don't even expect them to be patient or helpful!
And that is my long winded story of my flight back to London, nothing really interesting, but well, I just need to do something right now to keep myself from falling asleep as I want to readjust myself back to the timing here as quickly as I can, and hence I am trying to keep myself awake till at least 9 pm tonight! 2 more hours to go!
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hehe....real interesting trip back home....
glad that you as malaysian was civilised enuff not to react like that "ang moh"....behind u
time really flies... all the best to you there and enjoy every moment there... hhaa... i wish i can be in oversea one day... :p
Post a Comment