Just got an email from a friend back home. She is a dear friend to me. Been friends since uni days..we were housemates. A very encouraging and supportive friend. :)
She wrote to tell that her dad just passed away last Friday. Discovered that he had liver cancer only 4 months back. Her dad was only 57 years old. She never shared this news with me until now. But through this period that I have been here (which is 6 months dy), she had been really encouraging and wrote long long emails to me speaking about some other stuff in life.
In her email today, my fren said that she is thankful that she had this 4 months to spend time with her dad and a complete closure on her part as she had some unsettled business with her dad. This 4 months has enabled her to restore that broken relationship with her dad.
Which got me thinking, in the last 6 months that I have been here, I had 2 friends of which their father passed away. The first was quite sudden, a heart attack. Sigh..life is short.
I will definitely want to be home soon. One year is the maximum that I will give myself to be here in UK, for my own selfish pursue and desire; ie. to travel and see a bit of the world. But, after one year, I will definitely go HOME. Cos that's where all my loved ones are.
- Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam, Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. -
John Howard Payne, 1791 - 1852 (US actor and dramatist)
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
One of the many reasons why i want to be as close to my family members. Another year only for me here in UK too...then its back to Msia. Sometimes i just feel the income i make here for a year is peanuts compared to a year of time with your family..... Cant wait for my flight on the 24th...
By the way... Happy Bday.... should you read this on 26th.... cheers!!!! old oledi
hahaha...yea..thanks..where got old??!! U older ler...kekeke... :)) I am still young! I am young and young at heart.! And the WORLD is still for me to explore!! :p
In the few months that you are gone... 2 of your friends fell out of love too...
Post a Comment