Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Constant Change

As the saying goes - The only constant in this world is change.

As I was walking home from work today, I found myself humming to this song - Constant Change, Jose Mari Chan, old song.. well, I am old..what do you expect! Ok..ok..so I do hum a lot of songs nowadays.. well, gotta entertain myself somehow right!??

Well, anyway, the lyrics of the song really meant a lot to me. I practically remembered it!! I dunno how, cos it's been such a long time since I heard this song! But I used to like Jose Mari Chan's songs, so yeah, not a surprise that I can remember it! Anyway, here is how it goes...

We're on the road
We move from place to place
And oftentimes when I'm about to call it home
We'd have to move along
Life is a constant change...

The friends we know we meet along the way
Too soon the times we share form part of yesterday'
Cause life's a constant change
And nothing stays the same, oh no

Clouds that move across the skies
Are changing form before our very eyes

Why couldn't we keep time from movin' on?
Hold on to all the years before this moment's gone?
Why must we live the days at such a frightening pace?
We're all like clouds that move across the skies
And changing form before our very eyes

Have we outgrown our Peter Pans and wings?
We've simply grown too old for tales of knights and kings'
Cause life's a constant change
And nothing stays the same, oh no

It's so true.. things are always changing, chapters of our lives are constantly evolving and changing...

The question is, are we bold or courageous enough to close a chapter of our life to allow another one to open.. I am one of those who fear change.. I never minded things being mundane... or rather, correction, certain things..

But perhaps it's time for me to have the courage to embrace change totally!! And let life from now onwards be an empty page - full of possibilities and perhaps and maybes..

No comments: