Thursday, August 24, 2006

Charmed Life

I think i lived a charmed life.... In fact, a lot of my friends lived a charmed life too...
Kids nowadays are just too pampered... They have everything being spoon fed to them...That's the problem.. It is a Generation 'XYZ' syndrome..we have all been spoon fed too much... We have all gotten too much of help from our parents that if hardships were to come our way, I think that we will be break at the first instance of it! Seriously...

Know why I say that? It is because I think that for most of us in this generation, we have always have things given to us, planned for us even way before we asked for it.. birthday parties, presents, vacations, prizes for scoring 'x' amount of As, college/university plans, insurance plans, buying the first car, buying the first house, having the first kid...for almost everything, we seemed to have our parents (which are of course from the Baby Boomers generation) to backed us up, to support us, to cheer us on... We are indeed a pampered generation... don't you think?

Why do I say that my life is charmed? Well, for one, of late, I have been getting depressed cos I don't have a car no more, since that now I am in London. Having to do without a car is such a hassle, such an inconvenience and such a waste of time! (sometimes, although if u live in London, Spore or even KL, taking public transport can be way faster, especially if it is raining). I always feel most depressed without a car when I do my groceries, and having to take like 4 big plastic bags full of groceries back home, a 15 minutes walk from Sainbury back to where I am staying now. Sometimes, I put on a self pity look when I have to do that. I feel like I am so 'cham' like that, like I am the only person in the whole London who has to do that! Like it is taking my life out of me having to 'lug' the four BIG grocery bags home!

But, u know what, in actual, I shouldn't be feeling like that at all!!! Everyone here does it! A lot of people uses the public transport here, a lot of people takes 30 or 40 minutes walk to work, a lot of people here make do with just the basic things in life...and they don't seemed to get depressed by not having a car, and having to walk or cycle to work etc...

So, why should I be otherwise?! So, hence, I drew the conclusion that I have so far lived a charmed life. A pampered life. I remember now that most of me and my friends get our first car the minute we are qualified to drive! Most of us never had to go through the hardship of taking the public transport, of having to walk miles to get to a place under the hot sun etc.. We just drive everywhere from college/sixth form days onwards... and hence, why you are seeing/hearing me whining away now!

And so what is the conclusion to be drawn ?
That we are all spoilt brats!!!...me, my frens, him, her..all of us...
and that includes you too, yes, you, the person who is reading this posting!
Hah!

Do you not agree that we lived a charmed life!?

No comments: